Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just signed up after hanging around for a while. I own a 08 Cobalt Sport coupe, I bought it in Dec 08 with 22,000 miles, just passed 86,000. Been a great daily driver, I used to drive it between NOVA and Huntsville AL, every month. It has a cold air intake, cat back system, 18" SS chromed wheels and tinted windows.
Took it in for an oil change today and the dealer told me my TB needed to be cleaned, they wanted $250 to clean it, told them to forget it as this sounded way to high to just clean the TB with some cleaner, am I wrong or is there a special way the TB's on these cars need to be cleaned?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Welcome! Well 250$ is a bit steep and if you know your way around under the hood it's not that hard of a job. Do you have any symtoms yet of a dirty TB? If not I would leave it be till you do.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Symptoms will be hesitation,rough idling and even feeling like it's going to stall.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Welcome, glad the car is going good for ya. With the mileage a TB cleaning would be recommended as they get dirty often, like you can go to clean it every 10k miles and it wouldnt be obscene to do so do to oils and such. Definitely something you can do yourself for the price of some TB cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.