I've owned a 99 camaro and a 93 saturn sc2,loved them both but
bent the frame on the sc2 so it's been retired and soon i'll be getting
a cobalt within the next few weeks,been getting some ideas from the mods
on here and have a few custom ideas of my own so i'll be sure to post pics
when i get it and then as i mod it

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome! Good choice of car. What kind of cobalt?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@06BaltLS Not exactly sure yet,do you have any recomendations? i'm going for a 2dr coupe 5speed,not neccessarily SS,but i'm going to have a dealer i know watch the car auctions for one

·
Registered
505 Posts
Depends. Do you want power locks/ windows, sunroof, fog lights, any other special features? If so then go for an LT,LTZ,Sport or anything higher than LS. If you don't care what options you get then the LS is for you. They are the base model cobalts. Same engines as the LT just not as good of options. They are always going to be the cheapest cobalts because of what limited specifications they have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow someone else from tennessee. :) I just got a 2010 4dr LT ( I had to have power windows and door locks). In your case it's probably eisiest to find a standard LT coupe with a 5 speed unless you really want the TC/SC SS. 06BaltLS is right though if you don't care about power or sun roofs then get an ls and save some cash for the upgrades later.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@06balt Alright thanks!

@Viper Yeah haha i'm more the middle TN area though,

i actually saw a 2005 Cobalt SS from a dealer for 6500,something doesnt seem right there
2005 CHEVROLET COBALT SS SUPERCHARGED

·
Registered
505 Posts
That does seem a bit low. You don't usually find those for under $9k and you don't usually see a dealer use the letters "OBO" b/c that just doesn't seem like the dealer knows anything.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah,that was my thoughts,but i wasnt really looking for an SS anyways not that i dont like a good sports car i just already have one but the cobalt is something that it can be sporty and not devour all of my money in gas,got a new job so im going cobalt shopping this weekend

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cool, congrats on the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.