Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I just wanted to intro myself. I am Will, and I was recently looking for a "new" car. I have been needing to replace my Geo Metro. I know, laugh it up.... Better?

I knew there was no newer car that would get that kind of mpg without breaking the bank (56 mpg), and I could not spend more than $10,000.00. Normally up crap creek, but not this time.

I was looking at the 50th small dealership when something glinted in the corner of my eye. It distracted me from the never ending line of dull looking tiny Hondas and Toyotas. I moved to investigate and saw the most beautiful thing. It was a badge that said XFE. It sat on the trunk lid of the most beautiful blue Cobalt I had ever seen. I instantly remember asking several local dealers about the XFE only having them look at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. I was beginning to think the car was a phantom.

I looked at the car and noticed that the window sticker said 30 mpg hwy, and the tag said base model. It had the correct 5 speed, and no power windows. I was thinking that maybe this guy did not know what he had... He didn't, and I did not tell him.:evil:

So, I purchased this car. It's a 2008 XFE with 34,000 miles, 100,000 mile warranty, for a grand total of $7,000. I am so damn happy, and by the way after 150 miles I am at avg. mpg. of 38.4!!!!!!

These photos are from the dealership. When I get it cleaned up I will see what my Nikon D700 or D300 can do with it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yay, congrats on the purchase!!!

I have a friend w/ an XFE just like that--only its red :laugh:

Welcome 2 the site too btw! :-D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all for the welcome. Damn glad to be here...

RE: IncrediBalt: Haywood County (Brownsville). The Metro (a 97 red hatchback 1.0L 5-speed) and the parts car (96 same color) with the extra engine and trans. are all sitting in my shed. Their future is undetermined, as their problems now exceed my time and desire to repair.

My mechanic tells me that I have other things to spend my time on. Here is my mechanic, complete with forearm tattoo....

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the site and i like the color .

·
Registered
318 Posts
Metros had 1.0 engines? Dayumn the 2.2 in that Cobalt's gonna be like driving a Ferrari, LOL. My Ford Aspire daily driver has a 1.3L and I get so used to stomping the gas that I gotta remember to take it easy in my Cobalt.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Metros had 1.0 engines? Dayumn the 2.2 in that Cobalt's gonna be like driving a Ferrari, LOL. My Ford Aspire daily driver has a 1.3L and I get so used to stomping the gas that I gotta remember to take it easy in my Cobalt.
It sure does. On the test drive I stopped in a parking lot. Gave her 4,000 rpm and dropped the clutch. WONDERFUL...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.