Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Just bought a beautiful red 2010 LT for my daughter. We are in Richmond VA. Came to the forum looking for help with TPMS since we want to put the GM chrome wheels on.. Mike N..

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a nice ride. You should post up some pics and stick around awhile.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
there's a way to do it through the DIC. i use a calibration tool at work and don't really know any other way since my car doesn't have tps. some of the guys here know how to do it the easier way.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
When you say GM chrome wheels do you mean like mine? Pictures of my car in vehicle showoff below my signature.

·
Registered
141 Posts
just swap over the tpms over to the new wheels or jus get ones that go with those wheels. then use a scanner to reset the system. it's all something the dealership can do.

im pretty sure ours are the bands that go around the inside of the wheel. if the valve stem wont flick (stiff) then its just the valve stem type sensor.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Glad to have ya here. Whatever your looking for in regards to your vehicle, can most likely be found here. At one point or another, someone on here has already dealt with any problem you may run into.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you don't have the J-46079 Scan Tool, here's how to enable the learn method (at least, on the 05-08). This method requires using either the Keyless Entry Fob or DIC.

Follow these steps:

1. Ignition ON (not run), initiate the TPM Learn Mode using one of the following procedures.
A. On vehicles equipped with keyless entry, simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters "lock" and "unlock" buttons until a double horn chirp sounds indicating that the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.
B. Press the "INFO" and "SET/RESET" buttons at the same time on the DIC for about 1 second. Then press the "INFO" button until the "TIRE LEARN" message displays on the DIC. Press and hold the "SET/RESET" button on the DIC until a double horn chirp sounds, indicating the Learn Mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal will also be illuminated.

2. Starting with the left front tire, learn the tire pressure by increasing or decreasing the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds, then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned and the turn signal in the next location to be learned will illuminate.

3. After the horn chirp has sounded and the right front turn signal is illuminated, repeat step 2 for the remaining 3 sensors in the following order:
A. Right Front
B. Right Rear
C. Left Rear

4. When the Left Rear sensor has been learned and a double horn chirp has sounded, the learn process is complete and the RCDLR exits the learn mode.

5. Ignition OFF, adjust all tires to the recommended pressures.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
153 Posts
First welcome to the forums, and i believe you probably have the same tps they are just the ones that are by the valve stem on mine, all i had to do was do the tire learn process when i got my tires rotated, lol and just to make sure i had discount tire check the tire pressures and made sure they were reading the same in the car, but if i were you i would just buy some new tires as well and use the tires that came on the car for winter, since i live in michigan we get alot of snow and i got my car when it was still snow on the ground and i figured i would need to pump the brakes going down the hill to my road and when i started to push the brakes my car had so much traction so just keep the stock tires and rims for winter and get summer rims and tires

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.