Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My average mileage has been in the low 36 mpg range most of the winter. Weather in NJ has been in the 60's and 70's over the weekend and today it got into the 80's.

Average mileage is up to 36.9 ...Hello Summer!!

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
My average mileage has been in the low 36 mpg range most of the winter. Weather in NJ has been in the 60's and 70's over the weekend and today it got into the 80's.

Average mileage is up to 36.9 ...Hello Summer!!
Glad to hear you’re so happy with your Cobalt! Now let’s keep that warm weather coming!

Laura
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know how you guys get your mgp's up so high. Mine stay around 30. Not complaining but with gas being the way it is I want every drop to count. I know the bulk of it is driving habit, and I don't consider myself a lead foot. Is there any tips you could give me. I live it texas were it pretty much stays HOT 9 months of the year.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My new ride.....

TAKE THAT TREE HUGGERS!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how you guys get your mgp's up so high. Mine stay around 30. Not complaining but with gas being the way it is I want every drop to count. I know the bulk of it is driving habit, and I don't consider myself a lead foot. Is there any tips you could give me. I live it texas were it pretty much stays HOT 9 months of the year.
Keep the tire pressure up around 38 lbs, don't stomp it and remember that everytime you hit the brakes you're wasting energy...so try to time the lights if you can and stay back some from the car in front of you.... I was up to 40 mpg last summer with this car in mostly suburban NJ driving....

Now, my Toyota Echo got 45 mpg.. :) ...but it wasn't a Chevy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My new ride.....

TAKE THAT TREE HUGGERS!
Congrats on wasting your money on gas, destroying the environment, and funding terrorism though increasing America's dependence on foreign oil.

And it's an automatic, wth.

Got an alignment to reduce my front toe and got a shim kit to reduce toe and camber in the rear.
Has only been 1/3 of a tank but in 50 - 70F weather I'm getting 55+ mpg mpg at 50 mph.
Also worked on my partial front gill block stealing ideas from the Cruze Eco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.