Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was googling info about cobalt mods or something, and I came across this site, haha...

I'm Anthony, and I'm a first time car owner. I snagged up a used 2010 Cobalt LT a couple of days back and it's not bad! Gotta bring it in to the dealer again thursday though; they need to see why I got a misfire/engine light and why I keep getting a service traction error code on and off. :/

Other than that, I'm practically in love with the car. It's a bit smaller than my mom's Malibu, but I can't stop wanting to drive it everywhere. (Probably the first time driver feeling more than anything, haha!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regarding the misfire: This morning I had to take the car in for the visual inspection as required by Geico. ....After driving away, the ride felt smoother and the light has been off the entire day. Same with the SERVICE TRACTION error. Any ideas? The guy opened the hood and closed it... would that have triggered the issue to start? Or fixed it? (Pleeeease forgive any ignorance here X_X )

As for mods, I've got no idea exactly. I'd like to add map lights (I've got none) somehow... either wired directly or a removable battery-powered attachment of some kind. I considered adding a custom plug that goes into the USB/aux ports that keeps them out of the way. Looking at possible mounts to add for my phone.... I dunno what those would be classified as. So far I'm not looking to modify the mechanics of the car - engine and the like. Mostly just visual elements and whatnot..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time, at least that was the case for me lol

Now you mentioned mods right? What do you have in mind Anthony? (although fixing that misfire should be a priority)
Definitely true there.
And anthony, I would even run it to autozone or some car parts store and have them hook up a scanner to read the codes. That should give you a good idea of what was going wrong, plus from there we can help you out more.
Map light I cant help you with because I keep mine off on purpose, but as for phone holder, I bought one of the cheap ones from pep boys (This one actually) and it works well for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely true there.
And anthony, I would even run it to autozone or some car parts store and have them hook up a scanner to read the codes. That should give you a good idea of what was going wrong, plus from there we can help you out more.
Map light I cant help you with because I keep mine off on purpose, but as for phone holder, I bought one of the cheap ones from pep boys (This one actually) and it works well for me.
I've got that EXACT same holder, and I've begun to hate it. I'm going to try to alter the bottom of it so the phone doesn't want to slide forward and slide out of the bottom of the holder. As for the code, the only thing that Pep Boys told me was that it was a misfire and then quoted me for a $160 for a spark plug fix (or something), or a $400 repair including other tweaks and tune ups. Needless to say I'm sticking with my appointment with my dealership.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey welcome! I also have a 2010 LT, done everything from motor work and turbocharging it to suspension and brakes. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

These cars get addicting. This overall platform is great for beginners. The little things add up.
You start with map lights, then move to audio, then wheels, and so on. It gets addicting. Lmao

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.