Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just got a Coby, wanted to get some serious feed back from people who have done work on there Cobys. Mine is Completely stock, 08 sedan 2.2 w/ 5spd. Metallic Blue paint, tan interior riding on 15 inch hubcaps.

I am 27, been working in body shops off and on for 5 plus years. I was gonna pimp my cobalt, but I don't want this one anymore and need feed back from other owners. To help me decide if I should get another one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome, I agree. Cobalts are good cars. I have had mine almost 4 years now and I have not had any really problems with it, just your normal maintenance stuff is all. I would most def drive another one, but if I do get another one it will be an SS/TC, but I am considering get WRX STI when I finish paying off this one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can you guys tell me if you got a 4 door 2.2 w/ 5spd? I am thinking this model is shabby due to tranny flaws.

P.S. Cobaltxfe09

Cartman avatar FTW!!!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
trannys on non SS/TC or SS/SC models suck..They are equipped with f23 trannys while the SS/TC and SS/SC models have f35..

·
Registered
547 Posts
2 dr, 5spd the only thing I will drive when it comes to a car.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i pretty much have the same car,
08 dark blue sedan but it is auto
no problems as of yet
ive only had it for a couple months though
but im pretty confident i would get another if anything happened to mine

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome. I'd definately get another balt. most people on here, including myself, are fairly biased though. what else were you loooking at?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Im on my second balt :) my first was a loaded 05 sedan 2.2 5spd. Boosted it and ran it many times at the track. my numbers were 242whp 254wtq and i had zero issues with it for the three years i owned it. As mentioned in your last thread..theres no tranny flaw in your car. Your car was abused. Also if you are having random release points on your clutch then your throwout bearing is acting up. When i installed my clutch i had the same issue and it ended up being that my clutch came with a cavy throw out bearing which is ever so slightly different and was causing my clutch to release really low at time then norm then in the middle. Swaped it out with a OEM bearing and issue was solved.

·
Registered
276 Posts
2 door 5 speed i love my 2.2 to death!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome. I'd definately get another balt. most people on here, including myself, are fairly biased though. what else were you loooking at?
I am looking to either get a 4 cyl sedan, or a smaller 6 cyl SUV.

I am not really looking at one car in particular, that was the cobalt. I am just looking for a car that can haul my family, and look good to.

So I either murder out a sedan, exhaust, rims, sound system.

Or murder and lift a SUV.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.