Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up everyone?

After I dynoed my car last Friday I noticed the exhaust was rattling. Now my mileage is about 17.6 and it feels like loss of power much of the time. The exhaust shop said the muffler separated inside and could be causing flow issues.
Q: What size is the exhaust just before it enters the stock muffler? I'm looking at a temporary solution until I order my exhaust.

Q: Is my Vehicle included in the recall? One site I read showed all cobalts but another site I read showed 05-07 SS models are excluded. I also didn't see any Ions or Redlines listed.

-Shaun

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Google brought me here. I was searching for information in regards to the recall.

@Cobaltxfe09

Thanks buddy. It was indeed 2 1/4 inlet but 2 1/2 outlet..lol. Freaking Chevy. I bought a flowmaster clone and mounted it up in there last night. The car is much louder than I want but it sounds good. This is a good $70 fix until I decide what I want to do with the exhaust.

·
Registered
276 Posts
yellow FTW welcome to YC

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome to yc. you may as well keep the exhaust how you have it. not sure what your mods are but you more than likely wont see any gains switching to a different exhaust in the future

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welcome to yc. you may as well keep the exhaust how you have it. not sure what your mods are but you more than likely wont see any gains switching to a different exhaust in the future
I'll need a Header, downpipe, and catback when I bolt up the TVS.

Coming very soon..
HPTuners
HARROP TVS ( OTT Stage 3 Kit - Over The Top Performance )
Loud mouth 2 dual outlet exhaust.
CTI Header

*I'll have an m62 for sale with stock pulley and 50k mi.*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.