Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have a alpine double din deck installed in my cobalt lt sports edition. I have power going to my amp, but my subs will not work. i have bought new rca cables, brand new amp and deck. i have two 12inch L5 Kickers with a 1000 watt kicker amp. the problem is i am having no sound coming out of my subs. i have no idea why it wont work does anyone have any ideas. i have been asking all over and no one knows at all. please post any ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I don't know the problem, because I've never wired up subs. Do you have secure connections with all your wires?

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
First thing you need to do is see if your amp is even turning on. With the stereo on, what color is the light on the amp?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amp is on light is green. everything is installed. seriously getting pissed off at this. new rcas everything is new. new amp new deck. have tried 3 different subs and i have no noise coming out of my subs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Check the radio, in the menus, the sub output might be turned off at the radio

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's turned on

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

RCA signal is good wiring from amp to subs are good

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but have you turned up the gain on the amp? Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol **** no I haven't tried that hahahaha

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

No it wasn't the gain on the amp either

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
This may sound like a pain to do but this is a diagnosis thing. Pop one of the subs out of the box. Using NEW wiring, run a wire directly from the amp to the sub (this will test the wiring from the amp to the subs in the box) if the sub plays, bad terminals or wiring, if not possible other issue.

If it doesn't play, tap into the rear speaker wiring and run a wire from the rear speaker wiring to the sub. If it plays, you have other issues, if not, that sub is blown/bad.

Also, check on the amp on the setting switches, are you running on LPF?

Which model amp/head unit do you have? May be able to look further into it if Iknew that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.