Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Cobalt base model. Last year I was driving down the road at the end of summer and it stopped blowing cool air. I switched to hot air to see if that worked. No air blew out. I didn't have the money at the time to get anything fixed but I took it to a mechanic and they told me that it does sound like the blower motor went out. Before winter hit I pulled into a parking lot, put the car in park and bam it just started working again. It worked all the way up till last month and when I was driving again it stopped working. Yesterday I replaced the blower motor and it still doesn't blow any air. I checked all the fuses, checked the wires for current, and wiggled wires to see if any bad connector. No speed works so I don't think it could be the resistor. Could it be the relay? Or what else could it be?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you remove your fuses to check them? Sometimes there is corrosion build-up on the fuse tabs and just pulling them out flipping them and re-installing solves the problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When blower resistor goes you still have high speed though. Is relay pushed in all the way. Might be the relay, do you have a friend with a Cobalt you could swap relay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is not the blower motor or resistor. Fuses have been all checked and tested and so have the wires running to everything. The relay was checked as well and it was also fine. I can't figure out what is wrong with it still. Probably going to have to take it to a Chevy Dealership and see what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.