Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows the actual specs on the governer on a Cobalt LS. I got the 2010 Cobalt xfe with my winter tires on and I got caught for speeding at a speed of 180 and I was under the impression that the car is governed at 110mph which is 177km/h. Not that I believe I was at that speed but any help or advice is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have absolutly no mods its the most base model and I got my winter tires on. Plus my car only has around 13k on the engine so I dont think its even fully worked in. On top of that all I wasnt sitting there for a minute climibing speed

·
Registered
911 Posts
ur winter tires are softer so acceleration is a tad bit faster than summer ones...its also why its easier to spin winter tires on bare pavement than summer ones (its actually kinda hard but very possible as I have done many times, to spin my v-groove tread tires cuz there's alot more contact with the road which means more friction)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright well thanks for the help, all im trying to do is find a way to prove I didnt hit that speed cuz I woulda had to be going at it to hit that speed and the cop woulda surley pulled me over much sooner to avoid allowing me to dangerously drive at the speed. Plus there was another car along side me that i was just a few feet ahead but able to elimante that gap on will with my last remaining bit of power which i wouldnt of had if was topped out

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm confused, why does it matter if you were doing 180 or 175?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cuz the ticket is for 180 if my car cant push 180 or I wasnt going 180 then thats grounds for the ticket to get thrown out

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
not really. radar detectors can be off by up to 3 or 4 km/h, so if you're doing 177 it's still reasonable that it could pick you up at 180

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes ibtl cuz i wanna find some way to prevent me from selling my car to pay fines. My belief was that if a car is not able to reach a certain speed then you could not be convicted for such a crime. It was also the one time I sped up that trip cuz some jerk was riding my ass. Chevy Nation FTL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay I was asking a question whether it could or not which is the purpose of this forum, cobalt owners asking each other questions and helping each other. Forums dont work when you get a bunch of ****s just critisizing other peoples comments. All im trying to do is look for some advice from people who share the same passion but yet its a huge fail.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Listen close jerk... This is your own damn fault. Someone riding my ass is not an excuse for driving this fast. You were being an ass, and got caught. If you cannot drive it properly maybe you should lose the damn thing and take the shoe leather express.

This is your first and only warning. An attitude such as the one you have displayed in this thread will get you banned.

Welcome to the party pal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.