Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was advised to buy this harness, for my fog trim piece I bought. The harness was exactly the same except for the plugin underneath the radiator. Could I cut off the extra length to make it fit? Also what is that plugin for? Its right next to the bolted down screw ground underneath the orange or green radiator tank. The only difference is the purple and pink wire from the bigger hardness, what are they for?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you get the mating plug with the new harness? Your suppose to move the 4 existing wires( I think it's Horn, hi-beam RH, lo-beam RH and blicker /park RH) to the new male plug. Pink, purple are fog lights I believe. Don't quote me on this because it is also vehicle year dependant.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get the mating plug with the new harness? Your suppose to move the 4 existing wires( I think it's Horn, hi-beam RH, lo-beam RH and blicker /park RH) to the new male plug. Pink, purple are fog lights I beleive. Don't quote me on this because it is also vehicle year dependant.
Thats what I thought to, but I was told it was my windshield wiper plugs and the 3x3 fuse box is where my real fogs are at. It even showed the two purple fog wires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well, I know fog and horn are in the same plug. according to diagram. Plug C3. I will study diagrams and come back to this thread.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
OK, found it on the GM server, so here it is for the six pin connector. Man was I off!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Now to find the other one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man thanks Coby7! Thats awesome that you found the wire diagram, really helpful! Right now my I replaced my old headlight harness with this harness I found online with fogs. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have one extra plug that is not connected to anything and my car does not turnover. We checked the starter with a volt meter and it has power. I also have a new one-way auto starter put into my car. I am wondering if that is it or if there is something wrong with the harness.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What does the connector look like?I think you might not have right year harness...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What does the connector look like?I think you might not have right year harness...
Yea I dont have the right year but when I turn my car on, the lights and everything works.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

The first pic is from the right side of the wire harness, and the left side the one circled is a plug that I have no idea where it goes.
I'm in desperate need of help, because I need to pick up my girlfriend who is flying in to bismarck on tuesday.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

(update) I'm pretty sure that coby answered the plug that is circled as my horn wire.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I forgot to tell everyone that I did switch the two plugs around, I cut off the 6 way plug and spliced in the 4 way. I seen that only my binkers and brights work, and when I press the wiper solution button or try to use the wipers; it doesnt work. Is this the problem? I wired them according to the color, only purple and pink aren't hooked to anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Man, I would really like to help but you don't give me enough info to do the research. PM your VIN and year of new harness. Sedan or Coupe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.