Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some help.. My 09 Cobalt LT Sedan with 85k miles and automatic tranny, backed out of a driveway, kinda steep incline and had to give it a little more gas to get er up onto the road, bout a mile after I'm driving it idled kinda rough then Check Engine light came on. Advance auto hooked it up and it read it was the Camshaft pos. Sensor. Car seems to run OK now, light still on. Does this mean jumped timing? Is this serious? Or just a damn sensor gone bad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK if its the solenoid, what is the exact description I ask for ? Camshaft Position Sensor Solenoid? And the Advance Auto reader tool and guy, told me the car has a history of this code reoccurring. Its been cleared bout three times. Should I be worried about that ? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you check for silent recalls? The early 2009 had these problems due to engine assembly process. Some of these cam actuators were replaced by GM.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Originally Posted by greenbalt03Hey guys, need some help.. My 09 Cobalt LT Sedan with 85k miles and automatic tranny, backed out of a driveway, kinda steep incline and had to give it a little more gas to get er up onto the road, bout a mile after I'm driving it idled kinda rough then Check Engine light came on. Advance auto hooked it up and it read it was the Camshaft pos. Sensor. Car seems to run OK now, light still on. Does this mean jumped timing? Is this serious? Or just a damn sensor gone bad.
Hi greenbbalt03,

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your Cobalt. If you want to send us your VIN, we can look into any warranty and recall information for your vehicle possibly relating to this issue. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys going to Dealer tomorrow, hoping to get my car fixed . Was told it may be under warranty since im under 100k miles. Will tell ya the outcome. My light has been on one day n runnin rough n next day lights been off n car runs fine. Of course, now that im taking it in tomorrow, the lights off. Ugh. Still runs rough at times tho. LOL.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Let us know how your dealer treats you and how it turns out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello hello, well turns out it was my intake cam actuator solenoid thing a muh hobber. It was all free and considered part of the emissions warranty. While it was there i figured id get an alignment done ( which was not free) and my car seems a lot better. The dealer service writer was nice although kept pointing out that my exhaust would void my warranty if the problem i had was exhaust related.
Yes im aware of that i told him. And he was cool about it except for brining mods up fifty times. My mods are ebay exhaust, k&n drop in filter and air box mod, eibach springs n thats it. So anyhoo, im just glad my car repair was free and its rolljng str8 again.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

BTW thanks for ur help guys. I really appreciate all the help you guys provide on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.