Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Are you going to add the SS deflector later or you going to do without.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There are three bolts that hold the bumper on that release the tabs to take off the bumper. Other than that good how to vid. I guess you could just pop it off but you could risk damaging the bumper.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coby i think ima go without it bro
Dustin hmm i might have missed that part dang but your talking about the edges where it connects to the fenders right? And thanks just trying to help someone out a guy was asking questions about a bumper swap on YouTube, ill try to get him to join yourcobalt theres a lot of people willing to help out here :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anybody have a video on how to put a rear bumper ? I heard you need a heat gun to mold it a little ?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I Think there is a how to on css for the rear bumper. I just saved me the time and bought the ss rear bumper and lip.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Ya the three bolts that hold the bracket that connects the bumper to the fenders

·
Registered
589 Posts
The rear bumper is just as easy as the front. Push pins along the trunk opening, two screws near the tail lamps, push pins in the wheel liners and a few along the bottom. If you're swapping to an SS rear, you'll need different wheel liners to do It properly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I little plastic isn't going to reinforce them that much. I've never had a problem. If I ever do get them it will be from a wrecked cobalt ss because I wouldn't want to drop money on them haha.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The cheapest bet would be to get them from a salvage yard as you won't save to pay shipping. I've seen some used ones listed on eBay for $50 a piece. I thought that was laughable as you can get new genuine gm pieces for the cost of one used one.

Add them or don't add them, that's your choice.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I would get the lower valance. Theyre cheap now compared to a few years ago. $175 shipped for the front and about $185 for the rear. Back the. Used to be about $300! Each!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Worse part of having a stealth grey metallic cobalt is having to paint any SS body parts I find in a junk yard.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Worse part of having a stealth grey metallic cobalt is having to paint any SS body parts I find in a junk yard.

Agreed! I have that paint on my car. Also, it's a metallic paint which is more expensive and harder to match. On the bright side, there is an abundance of wingless trunks in this color. I want to go wingless eventually. I think it looks much more streamlined.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yea paying for the paint is not a fun thing to do. I was thinking about doing the same, but it is not high up on my list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.