Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am installing a Pioneer App Radio 3 in my cobalt and have encountered two issues.

One: I have followed the Haynes manual for speaker wiring because it has the proper color for my speaker wires as compared to other diagrams floating around. I also wired the power wire to my 12V cigarette plug underneath the air control module. The screen powers on but I have yet to achieve sound. Does anyone have a solution because I'm at my wits end. Again I am hardwiring my system to the Cobalt, I have sufficient knowledge in wiring as I used to be an electrician before becoming a social worker.

Issue Number Two: Since attempting to wire the system my chimes and everything went away. Not concerned about those annoying buggers anyways. But, recently my tire pressure light came on and all of my tires LF/RF, LR/RR are all displaying LF ---/RF --- LR ---/RR --- , how do I get my car to recognize my TPMS sensors and what could I have done to cause this?

My Cobalt is a 2008 special edition and has no stock amp so I know that is not the issue.

Thank you for any repsonses!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you use a wiring harness adaptor or did you go the cheap way? Did you reconnect the low speed GMLan wire it loops in and out of the radio.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You get what you pay for.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

What did you do with the extra dark green wires?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

This is not electricity, it's called electronics.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Honestly you're just asking for trouble when you cheap out and don't buy a $5-10 harness.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The radio fuse also powers the RCDLR and TPMS.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jump them next time. Some wires are looped. I hard wired! Screw a harness. Hot , ground, speakers and amp wire! I don't understand how you threw the TPMS off. Mine went out awhile ago. Screw that too!! Fudging Cobalts!! Now I have to find how the water is getting in my heater fan!!

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Repair the wires and get the harness unless you know someone that knows what he is doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.