Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Installing New Head Unit on Pioneer Package

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BboyTaktix 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm pretty new to replacing factory units so if this question has already been answered, sorry. I have a 2005 cobalt with the pioneer sound package and I recently bought the Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD head unit. I hooked everything up with the wiring harness and all of the speakers work fine except the 2 tweeters mounted by the side mirrors. They just put out static. I went back and checked all my connections and they're all fine. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I think I've kind of figured it out with the help of someone I know. There is a little bit of sound coming through and he said something about a high pass resistor or something. But I think the problem is that too much high is coming through. Does this make any sense?

#3 ·
Are they hooked up to crossovers?

#5 ·
to check you'll have to follow the wire from the tweeters. They either go straight to your radio (no crossover) or they go through small boxes and then from the box to the deck. Those in-between boxes would be the crossovers. (unless the stock head unit had crossovers built in but i highly doubt it). If there are no crossovers you might need to get some. But there are some tweeters that don't need, i have a pair that do have them and a pair that doesn't. Check first if they have or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.