Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got most of the pieces out, but some i couldnt, maybe you guys can help me :)

first of all, how do you remove these 2 pieces from the trim?

second, is there anyway i can pop out these handles without removing the whole door?

third, can i remove this without taking the whole door apart?

last, and since my picture wouldnt upload i got this off google, the little piece just to the left of the steering wheel with the dim light switch, how do i pop that off? i cant seem to get mine off :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The dimmer left side trim just snaps out. It is held in place with same metal clips as the rest of the trim.

·
Registered
340 Posts
- For the little "oval cup" piece you just pry off the top cover and remove two phillips screws then it comes right out.

- For the door handle/opener, unfortunately you have to take the entire panel off because the catch/cable/pivot/etc. are behind and have to be dis-assembled to remove.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dimmer left side trim just snaps out. It is held in place with same metal clips as the rest of the trim.
ok ill try again, i dont want to bust it lol

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

- For the little "oval cup" piece you just pry off the top cover and remove two phillips screws then it comes right out.

- For the door handle/opener, unfortunately you have to take the entire panel off because the catch/cable/pivot/etc. are behind and have to be dis-assembled to remove.
perfect thanks alot!

·
Registered
922 Posts
before your pull off the little pieces on the sides of the steering wheel, pull off the lower panel below them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.