Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you could always "Add a socket" behind the Cig lighter/ hardwire the ipod charger to the car and tuck the wires to the glove box. As for the aux in? unless ur an electronics wiz I think your stuck
lol, as socket what do u mean, and I just want the aux not to just hang there in the passenger side really

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
lol, as socket what do u mean, and I just want the aux not to just hang there in the passenger side really
ooo I though you wanted to hide the ipod charger as well haha! my bad :noworry: (very easily done though if you want to, just add another cig lighter UNDER the trim, plug in USB charger there and run to arm rest or glove box, did this in my cobalt )

as for the aux cord though a retractable cable as posted is best, I've seen a guy who soldered an aux cord to the board of the radio INSIDE the unit where the factory pins are and ran it out the back of the head unit behind the deck, seems like a lot of work but possible.

But if that's not your thing than your stuck with external cables

·
Registered
267 Posts
New head unit?
I've got a pioneer touch screen and the cords are on the backside and head unit becomes the phone when plugged in... So I hide the phone in the glove box...and it charges it also.....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Or you could get a head unit that has bluetooth audio.... in my durango i had a cheap sony head unit in it with bluetooth.... had an app on my phone too, don't remember what it was, but whenever i started my durango my phone would automatically connect and start playing pandora...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Most headlines these days have Bluetooth....

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

I have a question. About your interior. Is that real carbon fiber? And do you have a better pic of it?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most headlines these days have Bluetooth....

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

I have a question. About your interior. Is that real carbon fiber? And do you have a better pic of it?

I'm not sure what it's made of underneath, but it's a thick adhesive sticker that's over everything!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.