Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I'm looking to get some HIDs for the retrofits I'm planning. Anyway, I want white, pure white. I'm thinking that'd be 5000k but I'd like to see some pictures of people with 4300k 5000k and 6000k just to compare before I go get them. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, i donno it still looks kinda blue for me. How do they look on the road? I'm just looking for pure white goodness, you know?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See now that I did not know, I'll guess Im gonna go 6000k for when I get my retrofits... I was thinking about putting them in my stockers but people say thats a big no no. But i dont know if i can wait for retrofits lol. Thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks, So our cars need 35watt bulbs right? Just making sure before order them and the rest of the retrofit parts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So... yes on 35w?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, thanks everyone. I'm gonna stick with 5000k I think, very last question is will the Hi/Low kits work without much extra work or would it not even be worth it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Awesome, thanks everyone. I'm gonna stick with 5000k I think, very last question is will the Hi/Low kits work without much extra work or would it not even be worth it?
Won't even be worth it, I nvr use my hi-beams anymore since I got my HIDs, and I'm running 1st gens with a cutoff...HIDs really make a difference.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
Shit - I just have HIDs in my stock housings and I never use my highs...

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you purchase....check out DDM Tuning... HID Kits: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories

The very bottom one (Raptor) is all you need. The other ones are nicer, but you don't need to spend that much. They are very good for the price. Otherwise if you would like to support our vendors, I think you can get some for about $110 or so here.
wow, that should be a sticky lol, I've never seen HID kits so cheep even on ebay. They're good too? That's awesome.... 07CobaltLs, you're my hero :love:

Well I supposed thats that then. I'm gonna order me a 35w 5000k kit, put them in my stock housings, if they are as bad as everyone says I'll take them out till I can afford retrofits. Thanks everyone!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.