Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
summed up (guessing version) disconnect batt. you will see 2 small holes on the side of the steering wheel get a small srew driver push the retains in and pull the airbag out disconnect the clip remove bag, there will be a bolt in there remove that and you will need some sort of puller harmonic balancer puller should work and then you wheel should come off. again im guessing haven't ever done it but i do know the two holes on the side a for certain

·
Registered
66 Posts
its deff. not for the average turner if u know what you are doing and are careful you can DIY but deff would recomend having someone trained to it SRS if a very complicated and VERY Dangerous part of the car to work with

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It's also illegal in ALL STATES if you get caught driving a car with built in SRS safety bags removed..............

My suggestion, is DONT TOUCH IT! leave it to a mechanic.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
steering wheel swapped out, no problems thanks beamer
*taps foot waiting for the thread about getting a ticket for not reusing the SRS bag.............*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
air bag was removed only to swap out cobalt vinyl stock steering wheel for cobalt ss leather wheel then air bag was reinstalled

·
Registered
485 Posts
*taps foot waiting for the thread about getting a ticket for not reusing the SRS bag.............*
I drove around in both my Cavalier and my Cougar for almost 2 years in each one with the airbag removed from using an aftermarket steering wheel, and never once got a ticket for it. Got pulled over plenty of times as well. Most cops don't pay enough attention to even realize the airbag isn't there

·
Registered
485 Posts
^ Does not make it right. But post some pics of teh swap!
Not saying it makes it right, just saying that most cops won't notice.

Here are a couple pics of the swap in the Cavy

And here are a couple pics of the swap in the Cougar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.