Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work my car started making a loud clunking noise every time I hit a bump. When I was geting my brakes fixed they said my swaybar link was loose but I never herd it intill 2night. Could this be the problem?? Iam gonna have 2 bring it in tomm.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Get under the car and check everything.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do u think it could be my tierod ends cuz when I wove the tire from side 2 side the whole rim and tire moves a lil bit. And the car pulls 2 the right. And I checked the swaybarlinks the bushings looked really bad and I tuged on them with my hands and they didn't move much. Plus I checked all of this while the car was on the ground and the rim was still on. Its cold out there 2 jack it up and take the rim off lol

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
yeah its def the endlinks just gonna replace them both with the MOOG ones. is it easy 2 do XFE? is there a how-to on here?
There's not really one needed.

Take off the nuts holding the endlinks to the swaybar (bottom) and to the strut (top) - there's a 17mm cast nut on the back side of both, on the endlink, and the nut (18mm I believe) on the front. Replace with the Moogs, but now the nut and cast nut are 18mm. The Moog's cast nut is actually like a real one - the stock one sucks and will round off.

Good luck. :)

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

You can see it in this picture.

See the arm that comes off the side of the strut (left side of the strut, under the spring).

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And here are those Moog's before I put them on.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nicee thanks dude. will this make my car pull 2 the left?( the left one is the one that makes the noise)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

and do i need grease them or do they come greased? if i do what kinda of grease do i get?

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
The Moogs you have to grease.

Just regular chassis grease - going to need a grease gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.