Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

HELP NEEDED 2007 Cobalt LS 2.2 no CEL (Check Engine Light)

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  K52 
#1 ·
I'm not getting a check engine light and my car won't start. Where do I start from here to fix this car?Thanks in advance. I'm not sure if I posted in the correct area I'm just really desperate and I need this car to work. Thanks.

#3 ·
Thank you so much for answering and sorry for the delay. Yeah the car was working before about 4 days ago and then suddenly I wasn't able to start it up again after I turned it off. However I do have a mechanic coming to take care of it but I wish that I knew what it was beforehand but after some research I believe it was the starter as I'm getting no check engine light and all I hear is a small click noise when I turn the key but it won't turn over. This is also after checking the fuses and making sure that my battery connection was tight and not corroded.

#13 ·
Ok so update finally got the car back from the shop at the local chevy dealer and they did an ECM change out. It worked for 3 days AND NOW WONT START AGAIN. I called them and they wanted me to send it back to them and they are going to charge me again for bringing it back. I guess in the frustration I kind of feel like they're trying to milk my wallet and then eventually get me to start making payments on another vehicle. It's insane as I only experienced issues when I took the car to them the first time months ago. I didn't want to think of them that way but it's kind of an aura I'm getting from them but, yeah srry for the rant 😅. Kinda need my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.