Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i am trying to debadge my car right now, and i got the letters off but i can't get the goo off! I tried goo gone and blow dryer but nothing is working :( any suggestions? also i tried to debadge my rear bowtie and when i pulled it off it came off fine but when i was pulling at the sticky stuff the paint came off... why?! also any suggestions on my door panel? i was just messing today and i accidentally loosened my door panel so when someone tries opening the door the panel gets stuck on the side! I NEED HELP D:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
For the glue, wait til it gets hot tomorrow, wet your finger and rub the glue. The rubbing and pressure will help take the glue off,or at least it did with me.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I made a writeup on it like 3 years ago on here somewhere and I used Armour all Orange wipes and a blow drier and a white rag. t works great. Rub it with the white rag to roll up the glue. Then heat it up with the blow drier and then wipe it really good with the orange clean wipes. It works perfectly. As for the paint comming off???? IDK.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I used turtle wax bug and tar remover, after scraping the majority of it off with my nail

·
Registered
27 Posts
pencil eraser and paint thinner. done my share of body work, we use an eraser wheel. same material. dont be afraid to use the thinner, just don't dump it on and don't let it sit and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welp, tried all of that and when i took off the glue it chipped some of the paint off, so i guess i'm going to advance auto soon and see if they have some touch up paint, of course the easiest mod becomes the hardest for me. fml

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saturated the rear bowtie.. Got lucky I guess.. Took me a couple washes and waxes to get all the glue off tho =/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.