Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to paint my bow tie to match my new headlights. Should i sand, use a primer, is there any specific recomended paint? Clearcoat?

Anyone thats done this and it turned out sharp please do lend a hand

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
this is how I did mine.

remove, carefully split gold from chrome, sand, clean with soap, dry, prime, paint, clear, epoxy back together, re-install.

I used krylon, only because that's what I had on hand. any kind will do really. I use clear only to protect against damage. its not really needed, but it may save you from having to re-do it in the future.

sorry for the pointlessly large picture (its what I had)

·
Registered
212 Posts
this is how I did mine.

remove, carefully split gold from chrome, sand, clean with soap, dry, prime, paint, clear, epoxy back together, re-install.

I used krylon, only because that's what I had on hand. any kind will do really. I use clear only to protect against damage. its not really needed, but it may save you from having to re-do it in the future.

sorry for the pointlessly large picture (its what I had)

That's good advice right there.

Want to paint my bow tie to match my new headlights. Should i sand, use a primer, is there any specific recomended paint? Clearcoat?

Anyone thats done this and it turned out sharp please do lend a hand

I did similar process except that I skipped the primer. According to Krylon's label it's no necessary. But I'm sure you'll get a better finish that way. And clear coat is a must if you want the finish to last. Actually I also wrapped my front emblem in 3M scotchgard.

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.