1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
I just hope you don't get a flat.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Just get a factory SS sub box and replace the sub with a more powerful one. I don't get the point of every kid wanting to add that stupid huge box in their trunk.

·
Registered
922 Posts
some of us like our bass... I have 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3's and a 1000 watt Kicker amp in my LS... In the SS I think I'm going with 2 JL Audio 12" W3's and the JL Audio 1200 watt amp.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Then do this. The video on the last page still works, it's too bad the pictures are down though.
http://www.cobalt ss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/subwoofer-box-disected-make-your-stock-steath-box-boom-298701/

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'll stick to my dual sub box. If I get a flat, I can put the seats down and slide the box forward on to the seat backs, and lift up the carpet. Thats one of the most important part of selecting a box. Making sure it will fit. I might also find a more powerful sub to put in the stock location, but that's not really a big concern for me right now. Before I get into that I gotta do the head unit. Pioneer AppRadio 3 is available, so that is on the list....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm curious on what that 1200 JL amp is like. Love JL amps an sub but the full range speakers are not quite as good...I had my heart set on a pair of JL 6x9 and went in to the JL dealer expecting to walk out with them...well the dealer told me to give a listen to these Memphis ones....I spent an hour or so trying to get the JL to sound even close to the Memphis one..the JL lacked crispness..maybe cause of the silk tweeter to the Memphis Mylar tweeters.. I walked out with the Memphis ones...i still have a pair of JL in the doors an still hear the diff..gonna be replacing very soon..

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're on a tighter budget go for Hifonics, I've had a couple with no issues. If money isn't an issue kicker amps are nice. Check out sundown audio for some subs too, you wont be disappointed. Good luck!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
How are the subs wired? Mono or stereo? Series or parallel (mono)?

Hifonics and volfenhagen are decent for cheap. If you are willing to spend some money, look into earthquake for the amp. Top notch amps. Subs are pretty good too actually. Im not a fan of JL because there is so much better out there and most is still cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.