Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just bought a obx performance muffler on ebay for $62 shipped, and i am having my local muffler shop install it, then i am getting the INJEN cold air intake,

cncd11 added 5 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

i just bought a obx performance muffler on ebay for $62 shipped, and i am having my local muffler shop install it for about $50, then i probably will get the injen /or the k&n cold air intake. both are around 250 on ebay, the intake you can install pretty easy, for full exhaust system down the road i will go with the corsa and remove my cat.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
GM Sport Exhaust has a deeper more aggresive tone to it ...well worth it

·
Registered
55 Posts
GM Sport Exhaust has a deeper more aggresive tone to it ...well worth it
+1 though I think it's called the Performance Exhaust now. i would recommend it to anyone.

Is it loud??
depends on your definition of loud. for me, it's perfect. barely any drone while cruising, but loud enough to turn heads at WOT. i have yet to have someone tell me they didn't like it.

side note (not that you would): please, for the love of god, do not disgrace us fellow colbalt owners by getting some ungodly loud exhaust that serves no purpose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
+1 though I think it's called the Performance Exhaust now. i would recommend it to anyone.

depends on your definition of loud. for me, it's perfect. barely any drone while cruising, but loud enough to turn heads at WOT. i have yet to have someone tell me they didn't like it.

side note (not that you would): please, for the love of god, do not disgrace us fellow colbalt owners by getting some ungodly loud exhaust that serves no purpose.
I can't have that ungodly loud exhaust anyway due to the exhaust noise restrictions here in Virginia. I thought about getting touring but I'm wanting that deep aggressive sound the performance give, so they say, all I want is an exhaust that will be barely produce noise while just driving in the city but good enough punch when I floored it. Kinda hard to explain it would be nice if I can get a sound check between the two.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
TOO LATE....I already did...LOL.

RT 2.75" cat-back exhaust from CED FTW!

The GMPP performance cat-back exhaust has a nice throaty note and is not objectionable while driving normally. It gets louder with increased foot action so if you want to keep it quiet just don't put your foot into it!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i just ditched the muffler on my balt. If you wanna be able to stay within restrictions, go with a fabricated system. If not, customize that bish! Mine is a semi custom exhaust, the res is gone, replaced with a cherry(overrated excuse to call a resonator a muffler, lol), and str8 pipe from there out the back, factory tip on the end so cops start to second guess themselves when they hear it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I prefer custom exhaust mostly. Normally me and my buddies get together and hang out in one anothers shops, pick a random performance muffler, remove resonators, fab up hangers with pieces of re-bar, and put a cheap chrome tip/tips on the end. One of my favorites is dumped exhaust though. Just put a turn down at the end of the muffler of your choice and call it a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.