Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have an audiobahn 12" speaker and an audiobahn amp....i kept my stock head unit but bought the thing the audio place told me to buy since i was keeping the stock head unit. my boyfriend wired it up and everything but we just cant get it to play out of the speaker. does anyone have any idea of what i can do to try to fix it? thanks.

·
Registered
678 Posts
when u did the line out converter did u do a splice or just pull the insulation back?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Did you make sure that the RCA cables are not switched? Might be in the wrong spot on 1 or both ends. Also make sure that you don't have them turned off on your amp. I know some amps have a switch that can turn off your subs. If this all fails get some regular speakers and hook them to your amp. Maybe run a wire to your 6x9s to your amp if it plays music then your SUbs are blown

·
Registered
821 Posts
Did you make sure that the RCA cables are not switched? Might be in the wrong spot on 1 or both ends. Also make sure that you don't have them turned off on your amp. I know some amps have a switch that can turn off your subs. If this all fails get some regular speakers and hook them to your amp. Maybe run a wire to your 6x9s to your amp if it plays music then your SUbs are blown
^definately check the subs if they r old and have been sitting for a garage sumwhere

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you have a line out converter then check to make sure the gain are turned up on it common mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.