Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:crying:hello all needing some help i have a 09 cobalt ls 2.2l ecotec with the vvt i have been all over the place searching for the pistons i need for this car bot a year ago i hit a big pothole and it cracked the oil pan all the oil wen out and well the rest is pretty easy to guess i replaced the crank and bearings in bottom end bot half a year ago but couldnt get my baby to run right so finally pulled off my head to find i was missing a piece of my number 4 piston to the point the rings were exposed from the top and my number 1 piston was a little loose my number 4 after pulling out found that the whole side is melted i need some help i cannot find the regular pistons to this car or even wat seem to be a cheap replacement im not looking to go balls out hp maybe just a turbo later down the road i just want me and my wifes girl to run again the way she did before can i get some guidance on where i can find pistons for this thing everything i find only goes to 08 or is 400 dollars also was having issue with rpm not working after i put motor back in the first time can someone tell me why ???

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why don't you get a junkyard engine with low miles. Save yourself a lot of headaches and more problems later. They go for 400-500 dollars. If you have piston damage like you say head is probably toast.

Reactions: keithhack77

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
unfortunantly the closest junkyard that has a engine wants 800 for it and the nearest junkyard i could find it cheap is well over 200 miles away what am i looking at on the head bent valves and what else cuz my uncle was wanting to send it to a shop and have them machine it oh also not tht it should matter too much i had only 53000 on the car when it met my big friend the hole also i cant use anything besides a 09 or 10 engine right since i have the vvt and im already hurting a bit i didnt know the pistons were that bad so i went through my second set of bearings and a second crankshaft this one im shure can be salvaged im not shure bot the original it was in bad shape also could anyone tell me why when i had put this engine back in the rpm wouldnt work and i kept getting a bad crank sensor even after replacing the sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.