Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when I went to re-install my headlights I cant seem to get them to sit right(theyre to high and stick out). I can't get the little tab on the bottom of the headlight in. anyone got any tips?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
three of us were trying that with no luck unfortunately:mad:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I have noticed it helps to put the side towards the grille in first then angle the outside edge in and push down and the same time to help get them in the tabs. also did you pull out the push pin things above the grille? that helps. it's tricky but once you figure out a method it's no problem at all

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I always find it easiest to angle the interior side of the headlight inward and then push the outer side in last to get it to swing into the tab locations.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what I was trying but I couldn't seem to get it... I guess ill keep fiddling with it

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I'll be doing this tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes for me...

·
Registered
166 Posts
i had this problem for a bit but i found out my light wires werent fitting in correctly and so i had to move them, so could help lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
my driver side one didn't go in one of the tabs so it's a little loose but i gave up after like 10 mintues of taking the light out and trying to put it back in...

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Well I did this today and to be honest I didn't have any problem at all. I inserted the inside corner first and then rotated in the outside corner and everything just lined up for me. Check to make sure the wires aren't getting caught on anything, make sure there is nothing in the slots where the tabs go, and just go slowly and have a little patience and you'lll get it eventually...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.