Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am looking into converting my yellowish stock speedometer lights, into a more vibrant blue LED. I am aware that spending 50 dollars on a conversion kit may seem pricey, as i see others using 5 dollar LED strips from ebay and getting just as good result. However I know nearly nothing when it comes to wiring and installing new bulbs in a car, and i am just wondering even without the installation guide that comes with the kit, should the installation be pretty straight forward?
-Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do you have a link to the kit? Or a picture of the kit?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
For me it would be simple for the simple fact that I repair Instrument Panels and do conversions all the time. It depends how good your dexterity is with a small tip soldering iron. You will also need to know the polarity of the LEDs so you don't put them backwards (might be in the instructions though) Last but not least you cannot lose patience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started this project on a second instrument panel I had kicking around but its pretty intimidating. I have some experience soldering and desoldering small electrical components, I just didn't want to drop $50 on leds, does anyone know what size leds can be used? I would like to just buy the leds on ebay or something. I have an 09 LT.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
led

I think the led kit from black cat customs is like 35$ great quality leds pre wired and there was daylight still out on this pic

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the led kit from black cat customs is like 35$ great quality leds pre wired and there was daylight still out on this pic
That looks sweet, I was actually looking on that same website and they do have way more variety for a good price...How much wiring was involved in putting that speedo in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.