Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a set of switchback LED's that will not work probably for some reason. They are 120 LED "bulbs" (40 white/80 amber). I also have a set of the resistors 50w 6 ohm. bulbs are "3157"

Here's the problem, unique to all the other problems I'm finding while searching the interwebs...

When i plug bulb in and i can get my running lights to work. nice beautiful white glow... go to use signals and white goes off but get no flashing amber for signal...

Swap bulb 180 degrees and i get the exact opposite... No running light but signals work just fine. resistors appear to be doing their job as well, no hyper blink at all.

Any ideas, only thing i can come up with is that the bulbs might be outta whack? polarity messed up? Any help would be great. Anyone else having this problem?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't think switchback work on 07 up.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

But been wrong before.

Works great with 05-06 because they have DRL's in with blinker.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I thought you had an 08.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
05 should have amber lenses over blinker bulb where one of the filaments is used for DRLs. If it doesn't, the headlamp assemblies were changed. Yours should have amber bulbs with clear or no lens and low beams for DRLs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What he's saying is 05-06 use the blinker for a DRL, 07+ use the low beam of the headlight. So your 08 doesn't use the blinker that you're replacing as a running light. I believe that is the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.