Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin to remove my door panels to paint them... and i can get everything out but its stuck around my manual window crank. is it just a clip or how do i get to the bolt??

·
Registered
750 Posts
you can get a tool to remove it from autozone for about $5 or the trick i used was take an old rag and place it in the middle of the crank and the plastic washer and move it back and forth while pulling up on it. The rag should snag and clip and pop it out enough to get a flat head screwdriver in to remove it the rest of the way

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once you can get the flat head in is it jus a matter of forcin it out? i already managed to break the plastic washer (oh well) on my own attempt to get it out.... dont wanna break the crank . any more advice??

·
Registered
750 Posts
sorry those are the only ways i know on how to get the clip out

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
there is a special hook tool you can get from any tool store, it will grab ther clip, and pull it out

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
wat happen to the old handles were u just turn them in reverse to untighten them
couldnt do it with palstic. it would just break. And the cost of metal handles, just isnt feasable when you mass produce of a car like they do now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.