Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1398535392.667145.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove this part of the seat belt?
Trying to remove the trim pillar to paint it and I have looked through this site and the SS.net forums and can't find anyone that's removed this or showed how to

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
that black cover should pop off somehow or another and there should be a bolt under there holding it on, never tried to even look into taking it off on a cobalt so its just an educated guess though...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That's right, there is a hex bolt behind the plastic cover, it's a bitch to get off.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
To remove the plastic cover without breaking it or the piece behind it, you have to insert a small flat blade screw driver just under the lowest place that it goes in and pry up about a sixteenth of an inch and it will unhook then you have to push on the whole piece upwards and it will release from the top. Then you have to unscrew that big Torx bolt.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Wait I'll remove mine so you can see.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Where the hole's at is approximately where you have to insert the screwdriver and pry upwards.

Notice how both hooks point downwards.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, turns out the last owner or someone who did work for him stripped the bolt that holds the drivers side seat belt some. So I'm stuck on what to do to get it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Probably will have to weld a nut to it then use a wrench or socket. You will need a new bolt anyways.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'd try vice grips first, possibly file down the sides to get a better grip.

Just FYI because I had to buy this today it's a T47 torx bit. Bolt came out easy on mine though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I got it out. Took a while haha, the one that gave me trouble is stripped to hell so I need to replace it. Does anyone know where I can buy that exact bolt? Without going somewhere and getting one that works kinda good

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Dealership or junkyard.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What grade are those bolts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.