Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to repaint my bowtie, sanded it and everything, cleaned the surface. looks like absolute shit; its gettin bubbles in it. i think its done for, i cant really sand the hell out of it considering its glued together and will come apart if i put pressure on it. anyone know if these are cheap at the stealership or where else i could get one? i found some on ebay, but theyre for new malibus and impalas. are they the same size as cobalt?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
what you mean by bubbles? maybe its fish eyes, or maybe another paint problem.. got pics?

·
Registered
328 Posts
you wax dont you hah... i bet its from that ... wax is VERY hard to clean off of something... if not from wax could be oils from your hands, water, residue from the glue any number of things... try layin down a coat or two of primer then sand and repaint. if fish eyes begin again... try a couple light "dust coats" to try "filling them in"

let me know how you make out

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive tried putting down more paint, then sanding...not working. it didnt help that the bowtie broke in half as i was taking it off. im trying to find another one online to buy, and then ill just paint it and stick it on.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I bought a new one and painted that specifically so I didn't ruin my stock one. But this is why I'm afraid to paint shit haha

·
Registered
802 Posts
go grill shopping take a nice sturdy set of cutters with you go thru the mall an walmart and allthe other hott spots in your are and cut the grill out of a nother cobalt so you can later take the bowtie out of it

·
Registered
618 Posts
go grill shopping take a nice sturdy set of cutters with you go thru the mall an walmart and allthe other hott spots in your are and cut the grill out of a nother cobalt so you can later take the bowtie out of it
um yea id had to beat the crap out of whoever would be dumb enough to do that to my car:eek:h:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, ive thought about that, but then i realized how shitty i'd be if someone did that to me. anyways, does this bowtie need clearcoat? it looks fine now...i fixed it so far. hopefully the clear coat doesnt turn to shit again. i used krylon fusion for plastic flat black. will this stand up to weather and washing without clear?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.