Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help W/ Gauge Cluster

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Coby7 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 06 Chevy SS (160mph) cluster for my 06 Chevy cobalt LT, (120mph). After install, the DIC didn't want to clear pop up messages or scroll through the functions. To make sure I didn't damage anything, I reconnected the original, and it worked fine. I was under the impression that all 06's match to 06's without any issue. Anyone know a fix to this?

#4 ·
That cluster should not work with your car it is designed for 08-10 Cobalt or 08-09 G5.

#7 ·
05-06 will have a speaker showing in the back.

#9 ·
Yup that's exactly why you have no sounds.... 07 and up the blinker and sounds come through the drivers side door speaker. 05 and 06 it comes from the guage cluster.

#10 · (Edited)
Bumping this for a related question. I pulled a cluster (white faces/ 140mph) from a Cobalt sedan at a junkyard today, but it wasn't an SS. Anyway the numbers on the sticker are 15246265 and *506265A051150191* (and something else that says 3ACAR). It also has the speaker on the back, so this must be an 05-06 cluster. I assume this will this not work then, if I put it in my wife's 2009 2LT sedan? I know I wouldn't hear the turn signal, but what about everything else?

#11 ·
Don't believe the DIC works either.

#13 ·
Gauges should work fine with any cluster. DIC should work with 05-06 (interchangeable), 07 (only), 08+ (interchangeable). At least that is what I found out when I was looking for my G5 GT cluster a few years ago. (mine's an 07 obviously) I actually didn't know about the speaker on the 05-06 though. Makes them quite easy to identify!

#14 · (Edited)
#15 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.