Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the intake manifold off of a 2006 2.4 and I'm going to put it on my 2008 2.2. Ive done a ton of searching and have it pretty much figured out but still have a few questions. First off can someone clarify which engines will need an adapter to run the 2.2 TB with 2.4 IM? I read that an 08 doesnt but is that still true for me since I have the older style IM? Also Ive seen posts saying you need the lip that comes off the throttle body but then others say you only need it if you need the adapter. Heres some pictures of the IM I bought. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
All will need the adapter for the 2.2L TB if you dont have a LAP motor. That is all you will need and www.crateenginedepot.com sells what you need!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Link wont take me to a specific thread. There were only two motors made for the 2.2L engine. The L61 and the LAP. If you have the LAP then you already have the 2.4L IM and you just wasted your money. If you have the L61 you need the adapter.

Dont trust everything you read on .net!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/2-4-mani-these-all-i-need-162018
add that to the URL. I have the L61.
Im installing today without the adapter. Ill see how it looks and take pictures.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up getting it on Sunday. It went really easy and I checked for vacuum leaks, seems to be tight with no leaks. My ultragauge shows no codes, not even pending after 150 miles. Car runs great but hasnt seen high rpms because Im worried about it running lean without a tune. Im ordering a trifecta tune today or tomorrow though. Already have the cable on the way. Should be a fun change.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your ECU should compensateyour fuel trims for the little bit of extra air going in. you're not going to blow anything without the tune. are you fully bolted getting this tune?
Thats good to hear.

I'm on my way to fully bolted. Current mods are K&N SRI, 2.4IM, 2.5" Catless DP, Tsudo Catback. Plan on getting a shorty header but that is a minor change so a free retune.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might have to add it to my plans then lol... sometime after my financial situation recovers from the Intake manifold, tune, new tires, and a speeding ticket.
Did you ever run the 2.4 TB before you went to your current setup?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.