Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can someone please help me out. My power steering has been shutting down and randomly working again. Now its not working at all. And i have code U2111. Any suggestions on how to fix. I'll add that i have just replaced the rack and pinion hoping that would be a fix but it was not even though it was worn out. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes apparently the recall has been done on my car. I called gm with my vin number. And they said all recalls have been done. But they wouldn't disclose any information to me. So I don't even know that exact parts have been replaced under the recalls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do believe there is a fuse under the hood. It's a 60 amp fuse. Which I did check and it seemed fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Power steering motors in these do fail even though I've only seen it once. Easy enough job to change, only 3 bolts and a connector if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dam I wish gm would just tell me what they replaced. The car only has 90000 Km's. I wonder if it is possible to test the steering motor.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Best way is to get a junkyard motor and change it, if it works your good to go if it doesn't then you go to plan ''B''.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

According to GM parts direct a brand new motor is only $68 GM#19257875

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Electric Motor 12 V Power Steering Motor GM 19257875 Denso 995 10800 160800 0262 | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.