Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to seal up my gen 4 headlight because it always condensates.
i have to be somewhere in a bout 6 hours. is there anything i can use that will fully cure and ill be able to put my light back in my car so i can leave?

·
Registered
567 Posts
some 2 part epoxys (sp?) are quick set/dry.....go to ur local auto parts store and ask em, a friend of mine used a 2 part epoxy to fix a boat motor cover and it set in like 45 min.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they have that at walmart.
how long would it take to fully settle tho?
i want it to be fully sealed so i can put my light back in

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hot glue. and wat you can do is. put hot glue all around it and put it in the over at 200* for about 5 mins and it should heat the glue and give it a better seal. work but remove everything first or bulbs will break. Or use. Loctite instant mix expoxy quick set 5 mins.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not putting my headlights in the oven,
cant afford to break them

i think i have a heat gun but its not a heavy duty one

isaw some stuff at walmart i was going to buy a while ago it was epoxy with 2 sides to make it come out. maby that will work
but i want something that will dry quick. rtv silicone isnt that great because it takes forever to dry and it drys jelly.

·
Registered
992 Posts
honestly no matter what you use, if you dont throw them in the oven you probably wont get a good enough seal

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh well i think the reason my other lights didnt hold well with the silicone was because i only did the bottom

im not putting my lights in the oven
so could i get that epoxy and just use that?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Unless you plan on never having to open the lights, just use sillicon sealant.

Also, I highly reccommend getting sillica gel packs and putting them in your headlight if you have a spot to do so. That'll suck some of the moisture up.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i got some of the epoxy stuff but couldnt open it correctly because the directions made no sense. I guess ill have to get different type of silicone. Problem is im always out so there is never a time i can leave my light out for 24 hrs to fully dry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.