Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a thread earlier about a question on witch LED set to get and ive decided and my order will be here Wednesday i have looked up how to's on the net and ive looked for videos but cant find any..
ive never installed underglow before so if you could post up a quick reply on how specific to the cobalt or maybe some pictures of battery connection and such just any general help to a first timer here than thank you.

here is the kit i ordered
Red Wireless Remote LED Underbody Kit

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
your car is so clean man! please don't do it.. lol. everyone else on here will like underglow though. just kinda ricey and really played out to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok I will tell you what i did for my car:

First ( you may not have to ). I took some automotive electrical cable and extended every wire by about 4-5 feet. It may have been over kill, but it came in handy for my rear light.

Second (you may not want to ). I ran all the wires through a wire loom. There were four wires per led strip. ( 1 for each side ). Looks a great dealerbetter, and helped me keep track of them.

Then I fastened 16 gauge terminal connectors to the power and ground wires
from my control box.

Then i got a large amount of zip ties. There were about a foot long.

Then i secured them to bottom of my car with the zip ties. underneath the body i attached them to some black clips on the sides and rear of the car. And for the front I used some big silver bar I saw.

For the power wires. I ran the right side and rear tube down the same side. and ran them through a hole in the wheel well. The left tube's power wires were ran through that same hole in the wheel well.

I had the open the hole a bit wider. I used a screw driver and got the hole large enough. Your mileage may differ depending on the connectors you have.

Then I hooked them up, and then to my battery. I had a purely wireless kit. So i didnt have to run anything INSIDE my car. You may have to, and i cant help you there. I dont know of anyholes you can use.I am sure there are holes thru the firewall though into the passenger cabin. Somewhere.

Hit me up for anything else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your car is so clean man! please don't do it.. lol. everyone else on here will like underglow though. just kinda ricey and really played out to me.
i feel ya.. but i cant void warranty with anything else so while im still under warranty im trying to do as much modding as i can.

plus i think itl look pretty rad IMO but i deffinitley feel you on the ricer part,my buddy has a civic he bought off a mexican and you can see where that one went... lol its bright purple lowered alot with underglow and a really bad sounding exhaust lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.