Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a cobalt ss sc at a used car dealership for a good price, 55k miles, and it runs good, except for wide open throttle. It seems to hesitate or lag if you will, like the engines getting too much or not enough fuel or something. It has an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator from summit on it. I don't know that much about fuel ratios but I'm mechanicly inclined. Could someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
922 Posts
First question does it show any type of CEL? At WOT when the car stumbled did the CEL flash and then go away? Any mods done to the car that you know of (tuned maybe)? Have you checked basics like plugs and coils? You said after market fuel pressure regulator, that would make me think of that as the culprit. I don't see why there is a need a for an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, if the car is not highly modded. I would start there and see. If you really wanna dig deep you can find someone with HP Tuners and datalog it and see what the car is doing at WOT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to change the plugs this weekend, but no check engine lights, and sometimes it doesn't even do it. I'm thinking maybe it will clear up with plugs but I was kinda worried about a fueling problem since, like you said the pressure regulator seems odd. I haven't popped the fuel rail off yet to check if it has bigger than stock injectors or anything, its my daily and I work full time during the week. I can tell a younger kid had it though, there's leds under the dash and a different valve cover on it. Ill let you know if anything changes with just a tune up :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.