Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just picked up my first cobalt it’s an 07 2.2L. It has code p0302 misfire on cylinder 2 I changed the spark plug swapped the coils with cylinder one and changed the fuel injector still nothing. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the issue and could offer some advice or help thanks. Also the car is rough and shakes mostly at idle but drives fine for the most part I drove 60 miles going up and down from 30-60 mph and it didn’t miss a beat so I’m assuming the cylinder is fine but let me know what u guys think.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you done a compression test? It looks like you’ve already tried to isolate the problem with moving the coil and injector to another cylinder which is a good step. But I would definitely rule out low compression on the cylinder before going any further. A cheap compression tester from Harbor Freight will cost about $35 with tax and work just fine.

If that checks out, you would want to test for spark at the ignition coil. I’m not sure if you’ve already done this, but would be a good place to start if you haven’t. Just to make sure the coil is actually firing. if it’s not you’ll have some sort of electrical problem. Whether it be a wire, or PCM. I know the 05-06 had the ignition control module attached to the coil pack. But it must be integrated in the PCM when the car has individual ignition coils.

If the coil is allowing spark, you’d need to make sure the fuel injector on the affected cylinder is getting power. You will need to get a noid light kit. They should have a tool set at most auto parts stores you can borrow for a refundable fee. O’Reilly auto parts does for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts