Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys? i just picked up my 06 cobalt SS. the previous owner said he installed a nucleus harness, and some sort of special pattern had to be done or something, the radio stays on when i shut the door, it wasnt doing it, but the battery died and the harness reset is what the guy said, anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
253 Posts
sounds like the stock harness wasnt giving off enough volts.. happens with balts sometimes.. sounds like the previous owner tied into a 12volt outlet... like an lighter port and now you have to manually turn off the head unit. that can be an expensive fix.. unless your local stereo shop can do something to re route the wires.. good luck though! and Welcome!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well he said the harness he has had to have support from the company, to get it to turn off with the door. which seems kind of dumb to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i called the place the guy told me to about tech support, he acted dumb and said there is no pattern, the previous owner said he has used them twice. something like, turn the key forward, open door, shut door, turn key off, open door, etc etc etc

i called a local audio store and he said he would just have to look, and thats 50 bucks. so that sucks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah it should be covered buy warranty.. but if its an aftermarket deck.. that involves tapping into the harness anyways.. which voids it i believe.. but honestly that 50bucks towards the audio shop might be your best bet.. they specialize in that stuff ya know?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i was going to take it to the audio shop tomorrow figured id try, took the red wire, cut it, tied in a piece of wire, went to wiper fuse. BAM now its good! lol only problem is now the radio goes off with the key, but that doesnt bother me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.