Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after buying a new mono, buying a new headunit, I have no idea why my subs are not hitting. Could the sub speakers just quit or short out? I checked if the wires are still connected to the subs within the box.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm assuming you've adjusted your gain, right? If so, does your amp power on? Does it put out any amount of sound if it does?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming you've adjusted your gain, right? If so, does your amp power on? Does it put out any amount of sound if it does?
Yeah I will have to post some pictures tomorrow. I assume I have all the wires from the JVC unit to the my after market harness right and have my remote wires spliced with each other. The thing is, is that when my subs first were not working, I assumed it was because of my amp. The subs were hitting hard for a 7 hour roadtrip and after that, stopped. The audio guy says thats what most burnt up amps do, and after I wired up my new amp; still no sound. We tested my old amp and it was still good he said; they advised it could be my RCA output in my old deck. So now I have changed my amp, deck, remote wire and RCA cables and still no sound.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd check your power / ground wires as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.