Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.... It has been a while since a post something. Anyways i got one of those E-supercharges for x-mas from my friend.

eBay Motors: Chevy Chevrolet Supercharger Turbo Cobalt Cavalier z24 (item 220188589190 end time Jan-09-08 20:17:19 PST)

so when i finnaly when to install i reallized that the MAF goes into the box or cabin of the intake (NOT TO THE PIPE). I do not have any after market pipes only stock. To Install the E-Surpercharge it requires me to take the box out but WHERE DO I CONNECT THE MAF?? Don't they sell a little pipe for the MAF? i saw something like that in pepboys but they do not make it for GM!!!

i hope somebody undertands what I'm trying to do and could help me out!

·
Registered
575 Posts
It doesn't work!!!! It's a scam whoever bought it for you should find a way to return it. It blocks the intake piping and actually causes resistance not a gain in horsepower. DO NOT PUT THAT ON YOUR CAR! That isn't even a centrfigal supercharger! It's not even a supercharger! It is a fan it doesn't run off the crank horsepower made by the engine! Just buy an intake. If it's too good to be true it definately is.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It doesn't work!!!! It's a scam whoever bought it for you should find a way to return it. It blocks the intake piping and actually causes resistance not a gain in horsepower. DO NOT PUT THAT ON YOUR CAR! That isn't even a centrfigal supercharger! It's not even a supercharger! It is a fan it doesn't run off the crank horsepower made by the engine! Just buy an intake. If it's too good to be true it definately is.
ummmmm, i will pause you there, i bought one of them, and i set it up in such a way that i truly get a gain out of the car, i do not currently have the dyno sheets set up for the comp, but i do get a gain from the crappy thing........surprisingly

cobaltkrazy added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Hello everybody.... It has been a while since a post something. Anyways i got one of those E-supercharges for x-mas from my friend.

eBay Motors: Chevy Chevrolet Supercharger Turbo Cobalt Cavalier z24 (item 220188589190 end time Jan-09-08 20:17:19 PST)

so when i finnaly when to install i reallized that the MAF goes into the box or cabin of the intake (NOT TO THE PIPE). I do not have any after market pipes only stock. To Install the E-Surpercharge it requires me to take the box out but WHERE DO I CONNECT THE MAF?? Don't they sell a little pipe for the MAF? i saw something like that in pepboys but they do not make it for GM!!!

i hope somebody undertands what I'm trying to do and could help me out!
i just purchased the MAF bung from the dealer(like$30 CDN), then welded it to a custom intake my co-worker made me(bonus working in an exhaust shop)

·
Registered
673 Posts
ummmmm, i will pause you there, i bought one of them, and i set it up in such a way that i truly get a gain out of the car, i do not currently have the dyno sheets set up for the comp, but i do get a gain from the crappy thing........surprisingly

cobaltkrazy added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

i just purchased the MAF bung from the dealer(like$30 CDN), then welded it to a custom intake my co-worker made me(bonus working in an exhaust shop)
Not to doubt you or anything but until you can prove this with a dyno I just won't believe it. First off if your ECU sees boost it will go absolutely bat shit crazy and not know what to do because it's not supposed to see boost.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Not to doubt you or anything but until you can prove this with a dyno I just won't believe it. First off if your ECU sees boost it will go absolutely bat shit crazy and not know what to do because it's not supposed to see boost.
it's not 'boost' as much as to say just an added push of air......it's not enough to register on the ecu, but just enough to get more power, took alot of fine tuning, and tinkering with fuses, but we have managed to get it. will post the dyno sheets when possible

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's a restriction, does nothing for the motor.

So GM sells the MAF sensor mount? What is it made of? Also, since when do exhaust shops to TIG welding to weld an aluminum pipe? Or did you use mild steel for the pipe? That will rust and flake off into your motor...or did he do a krylon spray paint to keep it from rusting right away?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the plastic little thing is prertty interesting though.... i''ve asked a lot of people about it and everybody has different opinions, just like all of you, so maybe ill try to put it in, and i will let you guys know... If it doesn't work then i'll just take it off... Cobaltkrazy what should i ask for when i go to the dealer?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If your e-charger has a plastic turbine the first thing you should ask the dealer is how do you go about getting all of the little shards of plastic out of you engine when the fan blows apart?? I wouldn't recommend these in anycase but if you have one with a plastic fan you are just asking for trouble.. I worked with a kid a couple of years ago when these first started hitting ebay. he put one on his jetta and about a month later it flew apart. He had to take the car to a garage and have the top end of his motor taken apart to get all of the nice little pieces of fan out. And the seller he bought if from told him they were not liable in anyway. So the garage bill was all his. As for power gains or not I have no idea if he had a gain or not. He also thought a CAI would give him 30hp..LOL. Just think about it before you put it on your car..

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Well the plastic little thing is prertty interesting though.... i''ve asked a lot of people about it and everybody has different opinions, just like all of you, so maybe ill try to put it in, and i will let you guys know... If it doesn't work then i'll just take it off... Cobaltkrazy what should i ask for when i go to the dealer?
hmm, a "MAF sensor bung" is what i ordered in, they said it would be a week, so i ended up making one........they do have them though, i believe GMPP has them, but dont hold me to that

as for everyone in regards to the plastic turbine, i switched mine to a more durable metal turbine, way better, made the fins slightly bigger

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just don't get these things...At Idle, theoretically it should work. With a fan increasing the air pressure into the manifold it should create boost, granted it may be only 1 or 2 lbs. But the fan funs at a constant speed so at WOT, it could be a restriction, the engine may need more air than what it is moving....I smell a scam and trouble for the poor little Ecotec..

·
Registered
768 Posts
If your e-charger has a plastic turbine the first thing you should ask the dealer is how do you go about getting all of the little shards of plastic out of you engine when the fan blows apart?? I wouldn't recommend these in anycase but if you have one with a plastic fan you are just asking for trouble.. I worked with a kid a couple of years ago when these first started hitting ebay. he put one on his jetta and about a month later it flew apart. He had to take the car to a garage and have the top end of his motor taken apart to get all of the nice little pieces of fan out. And the seller he bought if from told him they were not liable in anyway. So the garage bill was all his. As for power gains or not I have no idea if he had a gain or not. He also thought a CAI would give him 30hp..LOL. Just think about it before you put it on your car..
I could do it for the small fee of $999.99 (additional charges may apply. towing, parts, and alcohol not included in price listed.). Hey I bet it would still cost less than the dealer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When will people learn if it's too good to be true it usually is!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.