Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tried puting on a third breaklight decal for my car and the plastic holding it all together came off onto my light and turned it white. i dont know what to use to take that part off without taking off the whole decal. any suggestions?

·
Registered
344 Posts
wait, turned what white?? ive taken the brake like apart a few times...so i dont get what your talking about..need pix me thinks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yup, I'm not sure what you are talking about either. Unless you are storing illegal narcotics in your third brake light... :amazed:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
are you saying something from the decal turned it white?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the decal came in between a piece of paper and a piece of plastic. the paper side was on the decal's sticky side and u peal that off before u put it on. but the plastic side is clear and u keep it on while ur puting it on ur breaklight. then u have to squeegy all the bubbles out and then u take off the plastic piece and the decal stays on ur light. but when i went to take it off, some of the plastic stuck to the breaklight and hardened. ill get a picture up in acouple minutes

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any help?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like some glue moved over. Can you take it off, clean the white off and start over? Sorry, but decals are either on or off in regards to the quality.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think and would be able to put it back on if i take it off. i was wondering if there was a solvent or something that would take the white shit off and not the decal

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would try that stuff but im worried that it would take off the decal itself too

·
Registered
344 Posts
you dont have much choice...its glue/ sticky shit thats on there and you need to get it off, either knifish thing, or goo gon is your best choice...other wise take the decal off and try again..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'd put some bug & tar remover on a q-tip & go from there, as long as ur careful u shouldnt damage the decal....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.