Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to get the rear springs out, we unbolted the shock but the axle isnt dropping down and we cant get the spring out.. Help?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have read that diy but i have disc brakes and there are brake lines and stuff in the way

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
So im hoping you got this by now....

If you didn't...try pushing down on the axle a little bit. I had to to get mine out...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You have to have both shocks on the back removed to make it easier. So u can bring the axle down more. The use a pry tool and slip it under the spring on crank ont it

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

So im hoping you got this by now....

If you didn't...try pushing down on the axle a little bit. I had to to get mine out...
U had to remove ur axle? Hmm looks like u did it the long way lol

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Oh "I had to, to get mine out" is what u meant to say. It's easier to have the whole rear end up on stands.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah we finally got it a little bit ago, i was bouncing on the axle so my friend could pry it out and pop the new ones in. Thanks guys

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
yeah we finally got it a little bit ago, i was bouncing on the axle so my friend could pry it out and pop the new ones in. Thanks guys
Pics....or BAN.....

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Just sayin...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its dark and pouring out so no pics until tomorrow but man does it look like straight SEX!!!!

And i know we were dumbasses and didnt think of jacking it up from the back and releasing both rear shocks at the same time.. We were like why the F*** isnt the axle dropping?!?!??? Lol wow..... Yeah thats why.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Its dark and pouring out so no pics until tomorrow but man does it look like straight SEX!!!!

And i know we were dumbasses and didnt think of jacking it up from the back and releasing both rear shocks at the same time.. We were like why the F*** isnt the axle dropping?!?!??? Lol wow..... Yeah thats why.
haha yea, that makes a big diff. post pics ASAP!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man i just texted my buddy saying what cesar said about undoing both rear shocks and we were just like wow............... We spent too long trying to get that shit off :mad:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Man i just texted my buddy saying what cesar said about undoing both rear shocks and we were just like wow............... We spent too long trying to get that shit off :mad:

Ha ha yeah I've removed my struts and springs so many times now that I can do the fronts without a spring compressor. Sooooooooo much easier and save alot of time. Next time pm me if ya need any help with anything else. Deffinitely gotta see them pics bro. Gots to look sexy like mine :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.