Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JacksonWilder3 
#1 ·
hi i got several problems now ,as u all know my balt got totaled in june ,but anyway we took off the stage 2 and put on my new one, had problems ever since then, had the pcm re flashed then was good for awhile (only been driving the car now for 2 weeks cause of this) well it did it again it just stalled out and when it does this, it wont start back up for 10 mins and then its ok i put my supercharger on the new motor .any ideas??? in the winter my other motor trans going in .and it sometimes beeps and beeps and wont stop so i pulled the fuse out for the horn(something to do with anti theft stuff):sad::confused: and it has no power like my old one .any help would be great .thanks all and a special thank you to levee,(levi) ,thanks

#3 ·
Can you list the DTCs.

#4 ·
???

whats that ? im learning guys lol so give me a break

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Could be a number of things. My money is on the crap tune. Could be a coilpack, bad fuse box or even a bad ecu or bcm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
ok whats that ? i will look into that my old motor is here and trans going in this one but thanks

#5 ·
DTC's are the diagnostic trouble codes. You can go to auto zone or a similar store and ask them to run codes. It's free. They use their scan tool and it shows you any codes that could be causing your problems. Helps to diagnose problems.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

#7 ·
Have you tried cleaning your MAF/TB yet? Also, if you have DTC's you will have a check engine light, and any local parts store can scan them and give you the numbers for the codes and we can help you further.

As far as the sluggish stuff, like I said, it could be the tune, MAF/TB, injectors not clean, spark plugs too far out of gap, plug wires, coil pack, a number of things.

As far as it not starting, especially once it's warm, that tells me there are issues with said things above as well as you may have a sensor starting to fault, and again, you should have a check engine light on because of that.

#8 ·
the light won't always pop on because of codes, my moms buick pulled 4 codes the other day and no light... 2 for tps 1 for MAF and i don't remember what the other one was...... and my friends intreped pulled 7 codes with no light. If its acting up check it even if the light isn't on.

#9 ·
Well there are 2 different kinds of codes that the computer stores, hard and soft. Soft codes don't keep an CEL light. They just flash the light once and that's it, and they will stay on there until erased. This doesn't mean the problem is always occuring, just means it tripped the code because something was out of the parameters for a certain given amount of time and went back in. Most codes are done in cycles. Soft codes are usually stored and no CEL is displayed until the PCM/ECM/ECU goes through 3-5+ cycles of the sensors and the condition is constantly out of the parameters. Once it goes through x amount of cycles, the soft code then becomes a hard code and the CEL comes on and stays on.

I know all about codes and what trips them/sets them ect, being a Master ASE Tech lol. Her car hasn't been running right for weeks, and would have a solid CEL if something were wrong. I've been helping trying to diagnose her car over text messages for a few weeks now (but obviously without actually being there it makes it hard to pin point the problem as I can't physically see what's going on). :)

#10 ·
boom headshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.