Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
ran over a curb or object oil light came on drove it to a safe place oil dripping from oil pan, did not try to restart.....hope it is only the oil pan....HELP!!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What do you need help with? Most likely you will need an oil pan as its probably cracked. Buy a pan online and swap it yourself or find a shop. Its not that hard and shouldnt cost to much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was curious, I just had a serpentine belt replaced that was ok, my question is after hitting the object the oil light went on, drove it for a little more than 1/2 mile stopped, turn engine off, the car BLED the oil out, I had a `97 Malibu that had the timing gear break the Malibu`s engine had no valve clearance, thus new engine.....the car I now have is a 2008 Chevy cobalt ECOTECH engine, just wondering does the engine have such a thing as valve clearance? Or will it just need the oil pan? by the way I used to live in Nashua NH.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Ecotec is an interference motor. But should not be an issue since you know the cause of your problem and is not timing chain related.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys a followup on my dilemma, Got my baby back I managed to put a hole on the oil pan AND auto transmission fluid pan AND knocked out the alignment!!! cost about 493.00 to fix....good thing I was in good graces with the service manager....going in tomorrow for a power wash underneath the car....kept smelling burnt oil when getting out the car..... :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well guys a followup on my dilemma, Got my baby back I managed to put a hole on the oil pan AND auto transmission fluid pan AND knocked out the alignment!!! cost about 493.00 to fix....good thing I was in good graces with the service manager....going in tomorrow for a power wash underneath the car....kept smelling burnt oil when getting out the car..... :)
You must have hit one helluva curve

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.