Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will all transmision issues cause a CEL? Im bugging my dealership again to fix my trans. It shuddering when i back off the throttle. The guy i emailed told me there is nothing they can do under warrenty because my CEL isnt on. 2010 cobalt LT automatic

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
false.
they can look at it, and diagnos the problem.
I'd call GM directly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what they just said to me:

We'll hope something happens this time around. We must have a fault code or see a problem before performing Transmission work under Warranty. That is GM's policy not ours. They want us to see and verify there is a problem. If there is no fault codes or it's a intermittent issue, we could pull the Trans apart and not see any issues internally.

If you can show us the issue, we'll do what we can to fix it for you..
See you Thursday..

·
Registered
922 Posts
They told me the same thing about my airbag light. I came on after the car shut off on me, while driving down a dirt road. It now comes and goes as it pleases. When my LS was in for the recall I told my service adviser about it. She said she would look into it. She called me about 2 hours after dropping the car off telling me the ignition recall was fixed, but there was nothing they could do about the Service Airbag message, because it was not on when they had it there. I drove the car off the lot and about a mile down the road the damn message and light came back on... if I didn't have to go to work, I would have taken it back to them. To prove to them that it comes and goes, because they tried to tell that once it comes on it will not go away until its fixed. FALSE!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everytime i take my foot off the gas it shudders. Its pretty hard to describe. It happens almost 60% of the time. Almost feels like somethings disengaging. I was told its normal and im used to the trans mounts in my L61. They wont even offer to flash TCM. I only have 22k miles. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
try to go there and show them what it's doing..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Blow the tranny up on purpose if it's under warranty.
lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, i have good news. They took it in under warranty, and reset my Shift Adepts. So now it will learn how i drive etc. So far its working alot better. They also are ordering me a new shifter because it doesn't indicate which gear im in. I didn't even notice! Also had my oil changed, tires rotated along with a multi point inspection. All for free!!!

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Well, i have good news. They took it in under warranty, and reset my Shift Adepts. So now it will learn how i drive etc. So far its working alot better. They also are ordering me a new shifter because it doesn't indicate which gear im in. I didn't even notice! Also had my oil changed, tires rotated along with a multi point inspection. All for free!!!
Hey FloodKillaz,

We are pleased to hear that everything went great at the dealership! Let us know if you have any further feedback to share or would like us to reach out to the dealership for their service. Have a great weekend.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not sure, i didnt check. Next time im in the car ill grab the RO and check it out. Whats important about that?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It came back. They said thats just how its going to have to be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.