Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is toast. Transmission is gone quoted at 4500 and it needs a few other things. I live in BC Canada and want to part the car out or sell it. As the final bill is over what I even owe on the car still almost 7000. It's a 2009 turbo SS with 129000 km on it. Shop tells me it was sold to me as a time bomb judging by the wear. The rims, tires, breaks, and essentially the car is in Wonderland shape. Any ideas? Price to sell as?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It would be hard to sell it whole unfortunately I think. Its such a niche car. If your willing to ship parts you would be able to part out most of the essential parts. Might be able to get 4k for it as is due to the amount of work you described. sucks that it didn't last.... If your willing to ship to the us I am looking for some spare parts for my 09 ss

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Get a junkyard tranny and save the car

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'd love to see a Cobalt get saved and fixed up to be road-worthy again, but it looks like he can't afford the cost to do that. Honestly, the amount he'd need to spend on it would probably not make it worth it at all.

Just remember, when buying used, be sure to get a pre-purchase inspection to make sure it doesn't have major problems like this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I could use some parts also. Im sure shipping to the states wouldn't be to cheap, but Ill pay if prices are right.
Id want the brake calipers, hardware, brake lines, maybe the axles, spline, and knuckle as well.

All depends on price though.

But on a more serious note, I rather not see a car get junked/parted out just because of the tranny. f35s are not hard to find cheap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any mods to the car? It isn't uncommon for the tranny to go, but it doesn't just happen.
I don't think the LNFs have the issue with the TOB like the LSJs do, but maybe it just needs a clutch? That sounds a bit more normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.